[Alberg30] RE: John Raaymaker/alberg 30 toerail

W. Scott Wallace tristan at one.net
Sat Dec 15 10:14:37 PST 2001

Hi Gang,

Wow, Sarnia sailors!

We spent fifteen of our summer vacations at the Pinery Provincial Park,
camping when our son was young and through teen-age hood. We have always
dreampt of trailoring one of our many sailboats that we have owned to
Sarnia so we could sail the East coast of Lake Huron.  We currently sail
a 1968 Roue designed McVay built Bluenose daysailor sloop.  We now dream
of when we can own an Alberg 30, Alberg 35, Alberg 37 or Rhodes Meridian
or Swiftsure.  I just wrote an article last year that is coming out in
Good Old Boat in January on the story of Carl Alberg.  Many thanks to
George and many others who contributed owner/sailor views and historical
information!

Scott Wallace, HELL-DIVER, Bluenose full keeled sloop

Peter Hay wrote:

> John:  It might interest you to know that my boat was purchased in
> Sarnia three years ago and that the toe rail has been replaced.  The
> boat is currently in my barn outside of London (Thorndale) where I am
> working on various improvements.  The toe rail on the SB side has
> actually come loose and requires fixing which I will do in the
> spring.  If you would like to contact me I am always interested.  You
> might also get to know Gerald Kennedy who has his A30 at the Sarnia
> Yacht Club. Give me a shout.Peter HayRubicon #384phay at netcom.ca

 |   Buy a Christmas present for your boat.  Free shipping.  |