[Alberg30] Re: Jiffy reefing

Brian and Elaine Timmins timmins at optonline.net
Thu Feb 1 11:44:17 PST 2001

Bill,
Be sure to talk to your sailmaker about this as well.
Last winter I had a new Main made by UK Alan in Annapolis. I didn't specify
that it had to be class legal since I'm not located near the class races
(I'm in N.Y.)  and don't really anticipate taking part in One Design races.
They (UK) wanted me to eliminate the tack set back to the roller reefing
tack location. I did this, since I only use jiffy type reefs anyway. I got
lucky and found an adaptable tack fitting at Bacon and Assoc. that I was
able to make work. If it wasn't for the discussions I had with Allen Drew at
UK there could have been some major confusion.
  Good luck with your new sail,
Brian           Free Spirit         #497
PS:  I love my new UK CM2+2 main.