[Alberg30] Gelcoat checking under toe rail scuppers

bruce macdonald hullhaus at mediaone.net
Tue Feb 6 20:35:02 PST 2001

Dear fellow A-30's,
Peering through the toe rail scuppers/drains, I've noticed serious checking
of the gelcoat--with flakes lifting up to 1/8 inch off the original surface.
This may have been caused by ice formation at run-off, or some other cause
for which I'll hold a previous owner responsible.

My only concern is the integrity of the deck-hull union, as it may be
affected by this apparent symptom.

Thanks for any ideas.

 |            The BT Global Challenge -- match racing in the Southern Ocean                |
 | http://service.bfast.com/bfast/click?bfmid=22673860&siteid=32743498&bfpage=bt_challenge |