[Alberg30] Re: teak on stern - Off Topic

Alan P. Kefauver apk2 at home.com
Wed Feb 7 18:19:36 PST 2001

I have several Dozuki saws and others as well. I also am a fan of Japanese chisels (Blue Steel).Lee Valley is a goodplace, but check out
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~alf/en/en.html
The Electronic Neanderthal Woodworking site

On 2/7/2001 at 5:24 PM John Birch wrote:

>Alan,
>
>I agree, I feel it doesn't take that much longer to get accurate
>measurements with good tools and to use hand tools for all but the
>original cut which should be targeted to be as close as is possible after
>accounting for finishing work. One of my favourite tools is a Japanese
>Dozuki hand saw which cuts on the pull and has teeth only kerfed in one
>direction. Narrow blade, it is prefect for fine cabinetry. Bought it from
>Lee Valley Tools. And s.s. flexible notched rulers which eliminate
>parallax errors - same source.
>
>Cheers,
>
>John

 |            The BT Global Challenge -- match racing in the Southern Ocean                |
 | http://service.bfast.com/bfast/click?bfmid=22673860&siteid=32743498&bfpage=bt_challenge |