[Alberg30] Prop for GM25

Mike Lehman sail_505 at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 12 06:20:50 PST 2001

The best way to determine the proper diameter and pitch is to send the boat
and engine specs to Michigan Wheel and they will determine the pitch for the
diameter needed based upon the power curve of the engine and the
displacement and hull shape of the boat. It's important not to "over prop"
(too much pitch) a diesel since it will cause the engine to labor. Ideally
you should be Able to obtain close to maximum RPM from the engine, while
your cruising speed would be about 75% of maximum RPM. This puts you at the
optimum on the engines power curve.

Mike Lehman
840 Mill Creek Road
Arnold, MD 21012