[Alberg30] downhaul

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at min.net
Fri Feb 23 15:57:59 PST 2001

John,

Oh, OK.  So you have a two-part purchase on your downhaul?  The light
line goes from the tack, up to the lizzard, down to the block on the
stem and then back to the cockpit?  Do you attach the lizzard to the
top hank?

(Hugh, lignum vitae is a hard tropical wood.  It's naturally lubricated
and was used for shaft bearings before Cutless bearings were invented.)

 - George

  George Dinwiddie                             gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
  sailing.                                    http://www.Alberg30.org/

 | Tightly-packed fleet bears down on Sydney.  Only a mile between the two leaders. |
 | http://service.bfast.com/bfast/click?bfmid=22673860=32743498=bt_challenge        |