[Alberg30] downhaul

John Allen gallen at vcn.bc.ca
Tue Feb 27 08:48:55 PST 2001

Okay, okay, Phantomrose, I too must join Tom S in asking for more detail on
this intriguing subject.  So far, I'm picturing a line running from the
foresail clew to a turning point at the forestay in line with the miter
seam -- this point would need to be attached to the sail, I assume, or to a
sliding ring around the forestay --- then to a block at the tack, hence led
back.

I can see the bottom of the sail coming down as the halyard is released and
the clew line "breaking" the sail, but the sheet would have to be released
at the same time.  Am I right so far???

I've tried a simple downhaul, but the amount of line I had to deal with,
made it a nuisance.

Skybird, #522

 | Only 25 seconds between the two leaders at the Sydney finish line.  What an upset! |
 | http://service.bfast.com/bfast/click?bfmid=22673860=32743498=bt_challenge          |