[alberg30] Re:Carl Alberg A22

finnus505 at aol.com finnus505 at aol.com
Mon Jan 1 05:51:14 PST 2001

In a message dated 1/1/01 12:12:15 AM Eastern Standard Time,
kirk at neptune.gsfc.nasa.gov writes:

<<
 Does this mean that there is something wrong with our (A30) rudder design
 that Carl corrected with later designs? What is the fault?

 Bob Kirk
 Isobar #181

Hey,
I think the advantage of the squared off bottom rudder is to get more square
inches of rudder surface down deep as possible, to get turning surface as far
awy from surface trubulance as possible.  The disadvantage is that if you
ground, the rudder is more susceptible to damage.  Personaly, on a cruising
boat, I prefer the rudder protection of the round trailing edge design
Lee