[alberg30] Re: Roller furling heavy air sail

Hugh Freebairn hughfree at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 22 22:25:40 PST 2001

I am planning a Caribbean cruise in a year on my A30 "Aliage" and although I
have a good 170% roller furling headsail, from experience I know that this
will be inadequate in 25 to 30 knots of trades if I try and go to windward.
Although this type of sailing is just plain work and not so fun, I need to
have a roller furling headsail that will do this and I am considering having
a roller furling 90% jib made with a foam luff so it will roll to 70% and
still have good shape for windward work.  Anyone have any experience or
recommendations with this type of sail on an A30 and can anyone recommend a
sail maker to make one for me?

Hugh Freebairn
"Aliage"