[alberg30] Re:Carl Alberg A22

RacerXat39 at aol.com RacerXat39 at aol.com
Mon Jan 1 08:00:25 PST 2001

Im sorry...the only fault I found was the Pin on the bottom was not
replaceable w/o alot of work..Mine now is replaceable with a brass bolt
threaded into the end of the rudder pin,,Then cut off to act as the guide
pin....That way when it weares out again I can just replace it in another 25
years or so...:)   Also I didnt care for the way the rudder was held on by
the 2 brackets on the side...I modified the insides of the brackets with
plastic bushings to keep the slop out...You can get bushings at any high
performance auto store....Their plastic a arm bushings or something like
that...sorry im not more precise...but i built this thing on a wing and a
prayer piecing it together from a pile of wood and a lump of glass....   With
help from all the other boat refurbishers at the marina where I am...Everyone
had lots of advise...you just kinda weed through it  :)
              Scott J.