[Alberg30] Holding tanks & Sailnet

Randy Katz randyk at bertschi.org
Tue Jul 3 17:13:12 PDT 2001

Greetings--
    It's been great to hear everyone's comments about the holding tanks-- a
hot and steamy topic, I see.

    I've gone ahead and purchased a Sealand #4015 (15 gal-- roughly
wedge-shaped) which fits in more or less, but adequately, under the port V
berth.  It'll take a bit of wangling to get the thing tucked in snuggly, but
we don't want 100 lbs. of shit banging around in rough seas.

    Marine Sanitation in Seattle is the source for that and for the Raritan
PH II head-- nothing too special about the prices (they're not far off from
Sailnet and Defender), but they have things ready to go within a couple of
days.

    Which, interestingly, is *not* the case with the Sailnet order.  Upon
the advice of a number of you (and other research as well) I ordered a Delta
22# anchor and Sim Rad TP20 autotiller (and a book, too) at good prices--
but that was weeks ago and I'm still waiting!  The word is that the items
are back-ordered.  This is a disappointment and I wonder if this is common
practice for that outfit.  I figured that with such a diverse order surely
they'd have at least one of the things ready to go pronto.

    Best wishes for good sailing--
Randy
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Randy Katz
910 - 32nd Ave.
Seattle, WA. 98122
USA
206-323-1941
KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

 | Simrad TP20 w/ FREE remote, on sale at Sailnet. Search "SIMTP20" |
 |    http://www.myaffiliateprogram.com/u/sailnet/t.asp?id=1066     |