[Alberg30] Kenyon Recall

James Davis a30240 at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 13 20:07:12 PDT 2001

This is from the Kenyon web site  (www.kenyonmarine.com/marine/safety.html).  If you use one of these you might want to check it out.   This is also on the Consumer Product Safety Commission web site  (www.cpsc.gov).

Jim Davis
Isa Lei
240

IMPORTANT SAFETY NOTICE:
EXPRESS Models B23000 and B23001

QUALITY ADVISEMENT TO CONSUMERS:
Kenyon International, working in conjunction with the U.S. Product Safety Commission, has determined that a quality defect may exist in Kenyon model B23000 and/or B23001 Express stoves shipped prior to April 4, 2001, and may lead to unsafe operating conditions. We are requesting that all EXPRESS model B23000 and B23001 stoves be returned to us for inspection and free replacement of the faulty component. New Kenyon Model EXPRESS stoves B23100 and B23101 are not being recalled.

To assist with any questions you may have regarding this voluntary product recall, we have established a toll-free number, 1-866-585-7377. Our Customer Care Team is available to assist you Monday-Friday (8 am - 5 pm Eastern Daylight Saving Time). New stove returns must be pre-certified by calling and obtaining a Return Authorization number. Used stoves may be sent without prior approval. Butane gas cannisters must be removed before shipment.

Stoves should be returned to Kenyon International, Attn: Express Recall, 8 Heritage Park Road, Clinton, CT, 06413. Please do not ship stoves to the P.O. Box address.