[Alberg30] rub rails purchase

Jay Davenport jaysail at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 20 10:43:04 PDT 2001

I am interested in installing rub rails on the side of
Revolution, A30 #526, to avoid hull damage from fuel
docks, bulkheads, etc. I plan to put them about 6"
below the toe rail, where the accent stripe is. A
local wood-working shop has given me a quote for
making them. The price seemed pretty good to me, and I
thought there might be some other Albergers who would
be interested in a joint purchase. The prices are
estimates, and do not include shipping.

The rub rail would be made of mahogany (which I plan
to paint hull-color), and be about 21' long. It's
cross-sectional shape would be a trapezoid, with the
side against the hull being 2 7/8", the extension
(width) from the hull being 2 7/8", and the "rubbing"
surface being 1 1/2' to 2". This rubbing surface could
have a stainless or aluminum strip added to it by the
owner. The entire rub rail would be through-bolted to
the hull by the owner.

The price quoted to me for making these is about $300.
each side, or $600. per pair. If you have an interest
in this, e-mail me at "jay at saildriver.com", and I will
contact you about how to place an order.

Jay Davenport

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
 | Simrad TP20 w/ FREE remote, on sale at Sailnet. Search "SIMTP20" |
 |    http://www.myaffiliateprogram.com/u/sailnet/t.asp?id=1066     |