[Alberg30] Sealand holding tank model number?

Chester and Jan Koop cjk at tir.com
Mon Jul 2 23:02:48 PDT 2001

I question if Kracor tank model #5022 will really fit under the port berth
as advertised.  From reviewing Kracor web sight and comparing those to
measurements I obtained from Tanagroa (#445), I doubt if the vertical height
of 18" plus the additional height needed for the fittings will fit..
However judging from information available on their web sight, I believe
that the Kracor mold # 5057 (Model 2-72815P) will do the trick.  It is
listed as 15.5 gal, however the only problem seems to be that the
intake/discharge fittings are located on the plane which measures 16'' x 22.
To fit in properly they need to placed on the plane measuring 12.5" x 22",
however this configuration is not offered.  When I called their Milwaukee
headquarters this afternoon, I was told I could get a "blank" (no fittings)
version of this tank and have the fittings installed myself.   The person I
spoke is going to check to see if they  sell necessary fittings etc for the
do-it yourselfers.  She promised to call me back  The price quoted for the
5057 was $367.00 (Ouch!)

Sealand offers a 15 gallon tank of identical dimensions (Product # 401500 /
Model 4015) as mention above.  From their web site drawings it appears that
the intake/with fittings are mounted one over the other on the ends.  It
appears, however,  that the inspection port is on the plane measuring 16" x
22."  I will be calling them tomorrow to see if they offer  custom placement
of fittings or "blanks" for do-it-yourself placement.   This tank is listed
in Defender's 2001 catalogue (page 71) as "Item 500349 " selling for
$167.79.

Chet Koop
Tangaroa 445