[Alberg30] engine-gear-prop combinations & more

Brian and Elaine Timmins timmins at optonline.net
Mon Jul 9 02:34:15 PDT 2001

Ian,  Congratulations on the aquisition of what will be a great boat. It's
worth what it will take to get her sailing again. I have an Atomic 4 (Direct
drive) (gas) engine with a CDI Atomic 4 Prop. I'm not sure of it's exact
specs but there's only one from CDI.  Atomic 4 is a great gas engine that
has a built up cult of support for it. There are several Diesels that fit as
well. I'm sure you'll get a few recommendations.
     As to the "things that ride the tracks", I assume you mean the sail
slides. Almost any good Marine supply sells an assortment of different
styles.  My boat uses 7/8 external slides on the mast and the bolt rope of
the sail goes directly into the groove on the boom. Yours may be different
based on your comment that they ride IN the track on the mast. In any case,
you'll need to know the dimensions of the tracks and contact a marine
supply, or sailmaker, or try www.sailrite.com  or the link at the bottom of
the A30 Emails and search through sailnet for sail slides.( Sail Handling,
Sail Accesories, Sail Slides& Shackles, Sail Slides).
Good luck,
Brian     #497