[Alberg30] rubrail

RDeJarnette menace2 at sprintmail.com
Thu Jul 12 18:16:10 PDT 2001

I have a rubrail installed on Blue Jay (#372). It is painted blue to match the
hull color and has an aluminum strip on the outer surface. It is installed over
the stripe. I will get some details of it's composition, dimensions, fastening
method, etc.

Jay Davenport wrote:

> I am interested in installing a rubrail on Revolution (#526), about where
> the molded-in stripe is located 6 inches below the toe rail. What I have in
> mind is a 20 foot long piece of mahogany with a trapazoidal cross-section of
> 3" x 3" x 2" x 3". A 3" face would be through-bolted to the hull. The
> rubrail would extend 3" out from the hull. The outside or "rubbing" surface
> would be 2". This surface could have a stainless steel strip attached to it.
> Does anyone have a rubrail already installed on their A30? Any thoughts or
> suggestions on this project will be appreciated.
> Jay Davenport

 | Simrad TP20 w/ FREE remote, on sale at Sailnet. Search "SIMTP20" |
 |    http://www.myaffiliateprogram.com/u/sailnet/t.asp?id=1066     |