[Alberg30] carburetor - Flooding

Dan Sternglass dans at stmktg.com
Mon Jul 16 14:00:36 PDT 2001

"Furey, Bill (CORP)" wrote:

> I have the same problem on an Atomic 4 with a realtively new facet(moyer's)
> fuel pump.
> The pump sems to flood the carb. If I run the pump prior to starting, & then
> disconnect
> rthe pump, the engine runs fine, until I connect the pump while the engione
> is running
> & it floods the carb & start to stall.

This usually happens becasue the float valve is failing to close,
probably due to crud. I suppose it's possible that the pump is not
reducing pressure when the float valve closes, although I've never heard
of that.

> Can you give me Don Moyer's web site address?

Moyer marine is http://www.moyermarine.com

Good luck,

--Dan S.
dans at stmktg.com
Watcher of the Skies, #201, 1966, Cayuga Lake, Ithaca, NY

> Thks, W. Furey
 | Simrad TP20 w/ FREE remote, on sale at Sailnet. Search "SIMTP20" |
 |    http://www.myaffiliateprogram.com/u/sailnet/t.asp?id=1066     |