[Alberg30] Boat Prices

Scott Wallace tristan at one.net
Mon Jul 16 12:00:54 PDT 2001

Hi El-Raheb,

Why not go to Yachtworld.com and British magazine sites like Classic
Boat and Practical Yacht or Boat Owner, see the affiliate sites for boat
sales then convert pounds to dollars and you can thus approximate market
value...Odd boats don't generally command as high worth in areas where
they are not known so may be a great value since most sailors may not be
familiar with the make and model...then you need to go visit the boat in
question, carefully inspect it yourself, then, if you are serious you
may wish to engage a surveyor, not one reccommended by the seller or
broker especially since that may set up a conflict of interest...then,
if you like it, the price seems fair, offer a value that YOU Feel
comfortable offering...

Scott

Ibby El-Raheb wrote:

>  Hi All,
>
> Any one know where I can go to check out prices of used sailboats? I
> am interested in a vintage sailboat built in Sweden and would like to
> determine a fair price for it. I am not sure that there will be much
> in the way of historical pricing data, so what method can be used to
> assess the value.
>
> Thanks to all
>
> Ibby

 | Simrad TP20 w/ FREE remote, on sale at Sailnet. Search "SIMTP20" |
 |    http://www.myaffiliateprogram.com/u/sailnet/t.asp?id=1066     |