[Alberg30] Atomic 4 weight

Tom Sutherland sutherlandt at prodigy.net
Thu Jul 19 16:20:31 PDT 2001

Ian ... I can tell you from experience you do not want anything much
heavier than say 350 lbs. I believe the A-4 was a little over than 300.
My Alberg had a 600 lb. Westerbeke 30 in it when I bought it and it made
her squat pretty bad. I too am without an engine at the present and am
really having a devil of a time deciding what to put in. I defiantly
will go with something which weighs LESS than 300 lbs.... preferably
about 250.
	I am looking at a Beta and also the Universal diesel. I also like
Yanmar but am told the Yanmar has too deep of an oil pan for my 1970
Alberg. Since I will have to do the install myself ... ease of
installation is a big consideration.

Ian MacIntosh wrote:

> Hi, My alberg has no engine and I am looking at engines from 250 pound
> Yanmars to 500 pound bukhs or volvo MD11s. I am wondering what weight was
> intended to be there. I have a shallow transducer which is dry right now,
> but I think the yanmar should submerge it. Thanks, oh, and If anyone has any
> experience with Bukhs I would love to hear it, I am also interested in any
> other small engines with hand start capability, thanks
> Ian MacIntosh

 | Simrad TP20 w/ FREE remote, on sale at Sailnet. Search "SIMTP20" |
 |    http://www.myaffiliateprogram.com/u/sailnet/t.asp?id=1066     |