[Alberg30] Atomic 4 weight

sousa, stephen sousa_stephen at emc.com
Thu Jul 19 18:14:54 PDT 2001

Folks,

We are currently running a 13 h.p. Model 2GM20F Yanmar in Carina Vela hull
#114. I replaced the rear main oil seal this spring, engine is 12 or so yrs
old. I have worked on numerous diesel and was impressed by the design of the
Yanmar and machining of the rear main retainer and o-rings for seals. My
findings have been that the best way to judge an engine is perform major
repairs and judge the quality from that aspect. This engine has run flawless
over the years but has been maintained by both owners. If I were to spec a
replacement for the 2GM20F, I would recommend greater than 13 h.p., in the
rivers and a strong head sea I could use more push to move the Alberg along.

I cannot speak to the boats with hull liners or the oil pan issue.

Hope this information assist in the decision making.

Stephen Sousa
Carina Vela