[Alberg30] Fishing

Christos Katehis kriskate at worldnet.att.net
Sun Jul 22 18:46:26 PDT 2001

Hi Ibby,

I fish while I am underway and it works fine provided you are in the right place. I catch blues and stripers when the depth is 30 feet or less. Under 5 and over 3 knts is optimum.

I use a casting / spinning reel on a 8 foot (2 piece) rod, 30 lb test mono, 3.5oz drail, and a medium size spoon. You also need a SS  rail mounted rod holder.

When you notice you have a fish on, you have to "heave too" so that you can reel in the fish. Having someone steer while you are doing this is very helpful. I've installed a wind vane steering system that is my right hand. Reeling in the fish while the boat is moving over 3 knots is very difficult, especially if you have a fish over 6-8 lbs.

Just when you thought fishing is a no brainer............it might seem difficult in the beginning, but when you catch your first big one, you'll be hooked!

Chris Katehis #383