[Alberg30] Fishing

Mike Lehman sail_505 at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 24 19:49:47 PDT 2001

Nice fish!!!!!!

Mike Lehman
"Gilleleje" #505
(410) 544-9067

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Christos Katehis" <kriskate at worldnet.att.net>
To: <public-list at alberg30.org>
Subject: Re: [Alberg30] Fishing
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 21:46:26 -0400

Hi Ibby,

I fish while I am underway and it works fine provided you are in the right
place. I catch blues and stripers when the depth is 30 feet or less. Under 5
and over 3 knts is optimum.

I use a casting / spinning reel on a 8 foot (2 piece) rod, 30 lb test mono,
3.5oz drail, and a medium size spoon. You also need a SS  rail mounted rod
holder.

When you notice you have a fish on, you have to "heave too" so that you can
reel in the fish. Having someone steer while you are doing this is very
helpful. I've installed a wind vane steering system that is my right hand.
Reeling in the fish while the boat is moving over 3 knots is very difficult,
especially if you have a fish over 6-8 lbs.

Just when you thought fishing is a no brainer............it might seem
difficult in the beginning, but when you catch your first big one, you'll be
hooked!

Chris Katehis #383

 | Simrad TP20 w/ FREE remote, on sale at Sailnet. Search "SIMTP20" |
 |    http://www.myaffiliateprogram.com/u/sailnet/t.asp?id=1066     |