[Alberg30] carburetor

FINKENBERG, Lincoln LFINKENBERG at EMMETMARVIN.COM
Sun Jul 15 17:51:11 PDT 2001

	I can empathize with the person who had the flooded carburetor.
Three carburetors flooded in about 10 hours of engine use on mine even
though the gas tank, fuel line and fuel filter are brand new.
Unfortunately, I hadn't thought of the fuel pump, until reading the list, as
it being the source of the crud.

	From reading Moyer's webcite I've landed on his recommendation of an
inline polishing filter, between the carburetor and the fuel pump -- you'll
have to replace the metal tubing between the carburetor and the fuel pump
with marine grade fuel hose and install an inline filter between the
carburetor and the fuel pump.  Given the incredibly high failure rate of the
carburetor on my gray marine it can't hurt.  Total cost of this extra line
of defense is less than $20.

	The easy part is putting on the inline fuel filter -- the part I'm
not looking forward to is removing the fuel pump and cleaning it. This
engine stuff has really put me at my wits end.

	Gypsy #138
	Linc