[Alberg30] toerails and bulkhead

Wrightson, Charles cwrightson at hcwainwright.com
Mon Jun 11 11:54:59 PDT 2001

I just bought an A-30 and have two problems. The toerail is in pretty bad
shape and as a result there is substancial leaking into the saloon. I am
thinking about a repair (rebedding it) or replacement. I am looking for
someone who could do millwork (of a toerail) without letting the boatyard
handle the whole project.If I chose to rebed it, does anyone have
suggestions on making it watertight (Is it as easy as 5200 and tighter
bolts?

the second problem is the port bulkhead (between the salon and the head has
some rot because of the leaking). It seems to comprise 6 to 8 inches from
the outside edge inward. Is there a way to make an effective repair without
replacing the whole wall, which involves dissassembling everything around it
etc.