[Alberg30] PHRF - naw - COME THIS WEEKEND Chesapeake A-30 Team racing v. Great Lakes Alberg Association - Toronto

John Birch Sunstone at idirect.com
Thu Jun 14 07:41:13 PDT 2001

COME THIS WEEKEND Chesapeake A-30 Team racing v. Great Lakes Alberg
Association - Toronto

A few years ago I tried to appeal the rating change for the base boat on
Lake Ontario
PHRF LO - they changed the fleet from 222 to 219 and our A-30 Wind Rose
ended up with a 216 rating. Later reduced again to 213. The appeal process
from PHRF is really non existent which is one of the many many many many
(did I say that already?! ; ) problems with rating systems - they are really
bogus. Angels dancing on the head of a pin kind of stuff.

NOW some real racing, ONE DESIGN, will take place off Toronto this Weekend
with the Chesapeake A-30 Team racing, boat for boat, against the Great Lakes
Alberg Association in the 34th (36th?) Syronelle Trophy Series. If anyone on
the Great Lakes can bring their A-30 over to the National Yacht Club
Toronto, please do so, you are more than welcome.

Call Rick Kent GLAA Race Commodore phone: 416-766-5063 KentGreb at sprint.ca
for more info or to simply attend the POT LUCK PARTY this Friday night at
his home in Toronto. Suggest phoning. Skipper's meeting Friday night at
Rick's.

Yes I do understand why we race PHRF when no other Albergs are around but
there simply is no substitute for One Design racing and you can get in on
the action this weekend.

Hope this has been a help,

John Birch, Past Commodore - GLAA

 | Simrad TP20 w/ FREE remote, on sale at Sailnet. Search "SIMTP20" |
 |    http://www.myaffiliateprogram.com/u/sailnet/t.asp?id=1066     |