[Alberg30] Details on Mast Beam Repair fitting

Gord Laco gord at transatmarine.com
Fri Jun 15 07:05:16 PDT 2001

I agree with George... all our masts have stainless in contact with aluminum
(we still build them that way here)... sure, Skene's Elements of Yacht
Design might not recomend it but it is a common practice.  Trouble starts in
the dark damp places that don't dry out: like bilges etc. Mmmmm, or a piece
of underdeck structure with a bit of seepage feeding water into it.  Nah,
probably OK.

Gord
  A30 KC426 Surprise