[Alberg30] Shift Linkage

Alan P. Kefauver apk2 at home.com
Wed Jun 27 06:57:49 PDT 2001

Jeez guys...
Didn't intend to cause such a furor over the GM manual I scanned and put up on my site...It was scanned at hi res for the sake of the pics. I like color. It was done with Photoshop 6 and Acrobat 5. It took me several hours to do. The download is much faster if you use an ftp protocol such as Smart FTP (available free from Tucows.com).  Once you have it on your hard disc, you can print out any chapter you want. I keep the manual on the boat on a CD (yes I have a laptop on the boat for the nav software I use).The copyright on the original manual ran out long ago (1991). The Van Ness version has it's own copyright. All the manuals on my site have copyright release or are public domain. If you can't handle the download, buy a new GM manual from Van Ness.
APK

On 6/26/2001 at 1:47 PM George Dinwiddie wrote:

>I have mirrored the file at
>  http://alberg30.org/maintenance/GrayMarine/GrayMarineManual.pdf
>for those who have trouble with spaces in the filename or with the
>FTP protocol.  It's still the same 65.5 MB file, and will take
>awhile to download.
>
> - George
>
>> George Dinwiddie said:
>>
>> People may also have problems with this file because the filename has
>> embedded spaces.  The file name is "Gray Marine Manual 2.pdf"
>>
>>  - George
>>
>> > Mike Lehman said:
>> >

>> > The manual is a 65MB pdf file...I think you just need to give it more
>time.
>> > It may seem that the computer is locked up, but what it is really
>doing is
>> > downloading this very larg file. You may also have a restriction from
>you
>> > ISP that prevents file transfers of this size.
>
>--
>  George Dinwiddie                             gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
>  The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span those hours spent in
>  sailing.                                    http://www.Alberg30.org/

 | Simrad TP20 w/ FREE remote, on sale at Sailnet. Search "SIMTP20" |
 |    http://www.myaffiliateprogram.com/u/sailnet/t.asp?id=1066     |