[Alberg30] A 30 keel

RABBIT649 at aol.com RABBIT649 at aol.com
Thu Jun 28 08:43:45 PDT 2001

Dear Peter,
As I told everyone when you first asked this question:the shape of the area
behind the ballast is that of an 18" to 22" long 'cake slice', about 8" high
and 6" wide at the ballast end, tapering down (if you follow the line of the
top of the ballast) to about 2 or 3 inches at the rudder end and the sides
(like any cake slice), coming together to a point.
I even made a three-dee model in cardboard so I could gauge the outline of
the 'layers' of 1" oak I would need to make in order to fill this area up. I
then went ahead and made a slice of oak and epoxy "layer cake" to put in
there by carefully rasping each layer of oak to fit the inside contours of
the hull molding.
I am probably more intimately familiar with this area of the boat than any
other and, believe me, that's what it looks like.
Paul
#23 Aswagh

In a message dated 6/28/01 6:32:10 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
P.A.Amos at tesco.net writes:

> If this is the ballast does anyone have the skill to erase the lofting
lines?
> and put in the line of the GRP skin that covers it and forms the bilge so
> that the shape of the  enclosed void space behind the ballast is outlined.
>  Peter Amos
>  Tait Tait #478
 | Simrad TP20 w/ FREE remote, on sale at Sailnet. Search "SIMTP20" |
 |    http://www.myaffiliateprogram.com/u/sailnet/t.asp?id=1066     |