[Alberg30] chartering, (grumble)

Rick Leach RLeach at mbayaq.org
Thu Mar 1 07:37:10 PST 2001

No kidding George!

I graduated from a maritime college just in time to see the bottom drop out
of the US Flag fleet.  Which explains why I run Monterey Bay Aquarium
instead of a container ship, and why I've become what some of my cousins
(all professional mariners) jokingly call "a mates worst nightmare...a snipe
turned yachtie!" (A "snipe" is a good natured, but slightly derogatory name
for a seagoing engineer, a bird rarely seen, and then only when blinking and
bewildered by the brightness of daylight).  I guess it's turned out ok after
all, I'd take an A-30 over a hot, noisy, dirty engine room any day.

Rick Leach
Sugar Magnolia, #121

P.S.- If any Albergers are planning a trip to the West Coast and plan to
visit the Aquarium, don't forget to call ahead for the "deluxe" tour.

 | Just right for an Alberg 30: http://www.alberg30.org/store/sailnet.shtml |