[Alberg30] They sold my boat without commission, IT ACTUALLY WORKED!

TBird Convertible tbird at consultant.com
Fri Mar 2 14:02:12 PST 2001

Hi,

Recommendation as promised... American Boat Listing is NOT a broker, and I
promised Larry if he sold my boat, I would recommend them.

Finally an honest company that really did the legwork in getting me my buyer
for my sailboat. They actively market the boat, and got buyers to call me
directly who were willing to look in my area.

Please call them and ask for Larry Halpert. He was so helpful, and will look
up a market value for your boat (at no cost), and cross-reference that with
current requests he might have in your area, and what those people said
they're willing to spend. The number is (877) 532-4775 (or 516-771-2065)

They gave me more exposure than any of the brokers I tried, and had more
incentive. The brokers get ten percent for ANYTHING they sell, so they only
try to sell the easy boats. Mine just sat. American Boat Listing only
charged $190, and didn't charge the buyers anything to get my page of info
sent to them. They worked to not "eat" through their listing fee with faxing
& mail costs.
They got me the buyer, and he gave me the cash, within 16 days. My bottom
line was $61,000, I advertised it with them at $65,900, and was offered
64,000 and took it. ABL took no commission.

I met them at a NMMA boat show, but I'm searching their website now for my
next boat.

When something works for me, I like to recommend it. Call and ask for Larry.

Good Luck,
Ronald Galloway

FREE Personalized Email at Mail.com
 | Get a FREE knotmeter at http://www.alberg30.org/store/ |