[Alberg30] Re: Holding tanks

tryfan at mail.cgo.wave.ca tryfan at mail.cgo.wave.ca
Thu Mar 22 20:06:50 PST 2001

FYI --- I purchased an A 30 last year without a holding tank. I have
had no previous experience with holding tanks so I recommend
nothing. I just relate what I did and if it is of interest so be it.
I had one made in stainless steel which really fills the space in the
bow under the port bunk aft of the water tank. This was not cheap -
about $500 US.  I also paid another outrageous amount for a
Wema guage and sensor. From external measuring I reckon it has
a capacity in excess of 20 gals US. I cannot really comment on
how well this will work as it will be late May before I launch. I dare
not even fill with water to pressure test until I am sure the frost has
gone.
 I contemplated putting the tank behind the head but it was not too
convenient for existing apertures and it took up good shelving
space.
Another observation. From recent correspondence it sounds like a
good idea to get the weight forrard and of course low. A tank
behind the head would be higher, further aft and more to one side
than one under the port bunk.
Hope this is helpful.
Peter Kennan    A 423

 | Rough conditions in the Southern Ocean. Read about the brutal challenges. |
 | http://service.bfast.com/bfast/click?bfmid=22673860=32743498=bt_challenge |