[Alberg30] Donation to A30 Association

Mike Lehman sail_505 at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 5 08:16:07 PST 2001

I ended up selling this "motor bike" for $20 after I threw a rod through the
crankcase [the engine wasn't designed for the high RPMs]. The guy that
bought it, rebuilt it for his son, made all kinds of modifications to it,
i.e reduction gears [to slow it down] and ignored the "basics". They let a
neighbor girl ride it; the front wheel came off at 30 MPH and she slid on
her face down the highway for several hundred yards. The police were
knocking at my door because I was the "manufacturer" of the bike. She had 2
years of plastic surgery [a general improvement she needed anyway] and I got
off the hook since my original design had been altered. I was 12 at the
time, and my Dad never did find out about my dilemma, because I kept the
entire project a secret from him.

Mike Lehman
840 Mill Creek Road
Arnold, MD 21012