[Alberg30] PHRF

Schuylkill schuylki at vanent.vanebros.com
Tue Mar 6 15:26:05 PST 2001

I may be out of date here, but I thought PHRF didn't deal with physical boat
measurements. Each local fleet developed handicaps based on performance relative
to other boats in the fleet. An Alberg in New England may have a different
handicap from one on the Bay if the Bay boat has benefited from one design match
racing (I think this has happened in the past). Stuff like righting moments are
measured by MHS and other even more obscure rating rules

I think my Yacht club gave me a rating of 218 in their fleet (Miles River)
One design rules!

Michael
#220 Checkmate

 | Get a FREE knotmeter at http://www.alberg30.org/store/ |