[Alberg30] propeller for knotmeter

R.C. Alley ralley at chesapeake.net
Thu Mar 8 17:56:46 PST 2001

I suppose, if you became absolutely desperate, you could make a plaster mould of what you have, carving out missing parts with a dremel tool. A plaster mould can be used to "cast" a new part out of marine-tex, which is an extremely hard epoxy that can be use to repair almost anything.  You might have to make two or three moulds to get a good one, but marine -tex is cheap. It can be carved, sanded, drilled, cut, etc.

Sounds to me, however, that you would be better served to simply buy a new unit--making a new impeller could easily cost you $200 in your own time (I cost out my time at $25.00 an hour), and that is what a new unit costs at discount.

RA