[Alberg30] Hatch and Lazarette

Joyce Sousa jsss54 at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 25 16:05:34 PST 2001

Chris,

I replaced the forward hatch. I fabricated it from Teak with 1/4 " Lexan
with countersinking the screws into the Lexan. The toughest part was holding
the angles for the raised lip and opening in the hull. The hatch is
extremely strong and has sailed for the last 3 years.

The question concerning sails. I am currently having a new main and 140
Genoa (w/luff tape) made by Banks of New England. The reason I choose this
loft is the exceptional workmenship, they have serviced my sails for the
last 11 years. I also quoted Doyle and Quantum both lofts were more
expensive than Banks. Quantum was the most expensive with Doyle close
behind. Banks and Hallett Sails came in with the best prices using the same
materials.

Any other questions pls ask.

Regards,
Stephen Sousa