[Alberg30] DECK BEAM REPAIR

Mike Lehman sail_505 at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 26 05:14:51 PST 2001

Tony Fortnam (Valency #272) purchased 3/8" Aluminum plates from Washington Aluminum Co. In Baltimore (410) 242-1000 ext 301 ask for Kirk. The plates are made from 6061 grade aluminum and are cut using a computerized water jet cutting process and therefore a very even cut. I installed them, and found that I had to do some "final fit" like rounding edges and corners. This was done easily with a 3" belt sander. The finished job give the appearance that this was an original part of the boat instead of an aftermarket repair. See attached photo.

Mike Lehman
840 Mill Creek Road
Arnold, MD 21012
(410) 544-9067 (Home)