[Alberg30] bringing lines aft

Fritz fritz at intra-dimension.com
Mon Mar 26 14:21:32 PST 2001

Hi Bill,
We just ran the main and genoa halyards to the port side of Backfin. We
did this by mounting a Harken double block on the deck by the mast with
one of those standup spring collars. They then go through a spinlock deck
organizer which is then a straight shot back to the cockpit. We've had a
winch on the port side of the cabin for 20 years and so we just added a
double lewmar rope clutch system. It makes single handed sailing quite a
breeze. While we were at it, we replaced just about every block we could
find. Some of the old ones were original from 1966 when my father bought
the boat. They were a bit rought to say the least. The new harken carbo
stuff is unbelievable. I highly recommend them.

Hope this helps.
-Fritz Finley
Backfin #199

On Mon, 26 Mar 2001, Bill Bain wrote:

> Anyone have a good idea on how to bring the lines aft?  I thought I would
> get a mast plate made and mount the blocks on that in order to turn the
> halyards, etc along the coach roof through deck organizers to cabin mounted
> winches.  Anyone done that and do you have pictures and or opinions and
> advice.

 | Rough conditions in the Southern Ocean. Read about the brutal challenges. |
 | http://service.bfast.com/bfast/click?bfmid=22673860=32743498=bt_challenge |