[Alberg30] Re: Alberg30 Renovation

Mike Lehman sail_505 at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 26 15:19:41 PST 2001

Paint, and a good quality oil base like Benjamin Moore. I've had to remove
latex paints from the cabins of 2 boats because, being water based, they
help create a breeding area for mold and mildew. It's not fun removing all
of the latex paint. I think you would create a problem with vinyl paper.

On the electrical side, I'm no electrician, but this made trouble shooting
and installing new devices a snap, and that was to install a grounding block
and a "hot" block. The hot block is wired directly to my switch panel and is
fed by the switches. I have 10 switches and the hot block has 10
connections, in the same order as the switches. So if I want to connect
something to, say switch #4, I simply count down to connection #4 on the hot
block and connect my positive lead, the negative goes to the ground block
which is mounted adjacent. It is almost as easy as "plugging something in"
[except for it's a boat, and you've got to run the wires]. Common sense goes
a long way when planning an electrical system. Nigel Calder's book is a good
reference.

Mike Lehman
840 Mill Creek Road
Arnold, MD 21012