[Alberg30] Ballast

baileyje at voyager.net baileyje at voyager.net
Thu Mar 1 10:25:18 PST 2001

I guess I'm not sure what you mean by tender.  I was told that the A30
was tender at first but then stiffend up when heeled a bit.  Now, I've
only sailed for two years, and I admit the first year I didn't know
what the word "reef" meant.  I sailed in some real "fun" conditions
with the rail under for minutes at a time.  I even got the combing wet
one time.  I don't remember thinking I was going over.  So, I consider
the A30 a stiff boat, even though she likes to heel at first.  By the
way, I've learned what the word "reef" means and it does make for any
easier ride, if not as fun.

John Bailey
"Zevulun" #33>
> > Hello Gang,
>
> As some of you may recall, I have moaned in the past about being a
little dissapointed at my A30's ability to carry sail in a blow.  I am
in the process of crunching numbers to determine the benefit of adding
lead ballast beneath my liner pan under the cabin sole.  Anybody else
gone down this road?

 | Just right for an Alberg 30: http://www.alberg30.org/store/sailnet.shtml |