[Alberg30] knotmeter propeller

Dan Sternglass dans at stmktg.com
Tue Mar 6 10:30:49 PST 2001

Lorelei23 at aol.com wrote:

> I am having trouble locating a propeller for my knotmeter for my
> Alberg 30.
> Any suggestions?

All I can suggest is that I've avoided having to replace the original
one on my 1966 A-30 by reparing it twice when pieces broke off. For what
it's worth, the way I repaired it was to cut a small thin piece from an
aluminum can and form it to the curved shape, hold it in place with
masking tape, and coat with Petit underwater repair epoxy. I coated both
sides, then sanded. This epoxy sands well, so it's very nearly the
original contour. The smaller chip was similarly repaired by just
forming up the shape with tape, applying the epoxy, then sanding when it
dried. If it's too far gone to fix, I can't help you, sorry.

What -I- need is to replace the cracked clear plastic cover on the old
original VDO speedometer... does anyone have one of those lying around?
Maybe if you part out the prop for Lorelei, I can get the head or just
the cover...

Thanks,

--Dan S.
Watcher of the Skies, #201, 1966, Cayuga Lake, Ithaca, NY

 | Get a FREE knotmeter at http://www.alberg30.org/store/ |