[Alberg30] Jack lines?

Miabarchet at aol.com Miabarchet at aol.com
Wed May 9 17:37:08 PDT 2001

Randy,

I don't know if this message is timely as I just started reading my mail from
mid April. I added jack lines along each side of the cabin. I used 3/8 double
braided lines. The aft ends are attached to the forward genoa winch pads. I
used U-bolts turned sideways and bolted into the front side of the which
pads. At the forward ends I used U-bolt type pad eyes bolted through the deck
with baking plates inside the cabin. The forward port and starboard pad eyes
are forward enough to allow you to work the anchor or foresail. They are also
brought in toward the centerline enough to hold the jacklines tight to the
cabin sides. They are so tight they snap into to place if plucked and you
never know they are there. This arrangement allows me to snap on to the "high
side" jackline in the cockpit and go forward to work.

As an aside my wife and I have a rule that when one of us in on watch by
themselves that person wears a harness.

Jim Allocco
Barchetta Mia #565