[Alberg30] boat value

Dick Filinich daf at mobiletel.com
Wed May 9 20:14:15 PDT 2001

Over the last two years I've spent a lot of time and money getting my
boat into the condition that it is in.It might be for sale in the near
future and would like some educated guesses as to its value.I'll list
just the major items for now.1966,9 sails,new kubota diesel and
trans,20h.p,all running rigging new,mast and boom new two part epoxy
paint,fold down aluminum steps on mast,new lights on mast,new life
line,new forward hatch,new harken traveler,interior completely
redone,custom built swim ladder,new bimini(7'longand 6 1/2' wide plenty
of shade)stainless steel 4 bow,erin green same as sail cover.racor and
new aluminum fuel tank,new boom vang,new depth sounder,new sony am-fm cd
stereo.All top sides just completed three coates cetol m.Will haul out
in July to do bottom job and change a couple thru hulls,didn't have any
blisters before and don't expect to see any this time.Also new hatch in
cockpit deck for easy access to rear of engine and clutch.New marine
head and porta potty.New aftstay and new winch on mast.There are a
couple of spots where the nonskid had some glecoat repairs about the
size of quarters and some old screw holes need plugging,in the cockpit I
might get around to one day.Besides that this boat is sound I know I've
gone through every inch of it.Might be moving up to 38 or 41 morgan O.I
for charter work.If I can't sell my boat than I'll look for a
trade.There's also rear handrail seating at corners,bow roller for
anchor.By the way before I forget,I got on the Morgan mailing list for a
couple of weeks to get some info about those two boats I mentioned.One
topic of conversation was about guns not boats,and when I ask if there
was a list for 41 O.I only,I got a nasty e-mail that the albergers,and
pearson and other people should stay on there own site that we(strangers
go to their site to pick their brains.Well I told that jerk where to get
off,and want to say that this A30 site is such a pleasure to be part
of.Thank you Mr.George.Well if anyone has an estimated value or friend
who is a broker,what is my boat worth?
High Spirits #191 Galliano,La.                            Dick

Mr.George can I send photo through mailing list?
 |       Shop SailNet for your Spring outfitting needs.      |