[Alberg30] Altenator

David Swanson zira at bellsouth.net
Thu May 17 05:11:24 PDT 2001

Chris -

Most good VOM's will measure DC amps (some use an external shunt).  If
you don't have one & don't want to spend that much money, you can buy a
marine grade on for not lot of money, and an automotive one for even
less.  Just make sure the scale goes higher that the rated output of
your alternator by a fair amount (25%).  They are very simple to
install, especially if you just want a temporary set up.

David Swanson
Strayaway Child
Alberg 30 #229

Christos Katehis wrote:

> Does any one know how can I check if my Altenator is charging and
> how many Amps. the it is producing?
>
> Thanks for all your help!
>
> Chris Katehis

 |       Shop SailNet for your Spring outfitting needs.      |