[Alberg30] Any ideas on a A-30 Trailer?

Scott Wallace tristan at one.net
Mon May 21 14:54:20 PDT 2001

Mike at TRIAD trailers in New Milford Connecticut can't be beat!  I bought a 1963
Pearson Electra, the predecessor of the popular Ensign daysailor.  The Eletra
looks a bit like a scaled down Pearson Vanguard or Triton, a natural observation
since Alberg designed all four boats!  (Electra, Ensign, Vanguard and Triton).  I
needed a trailer and gave up on used ones.  For about $3,000 I got a beautiful
and superbly made trailer!  It was custom designed for the the Electra since
Mike's father founded the company back in the late 1950's and has blueprint specs
and some drawings on almost any Classic Plastic boat you could imagine!  I drove
to the small factory to pick up my new trailer and was extremely impressed with
Mike and his team!  They deserve a lot of credit to produce a safe, easy to
launch and retrieve (float off) or carrier trailer for lifting off.  When the
yard in Cleveland dropped Spindrift down onto her new trailer she fit like a
glove.  We had a safe and uneventful trip back to Cincinnati and a smooth trailer
launch in a local lake...

See: http://www.sailnet.com/triad/why.htm

or call Mike at: 860-354-1146, fax: 860-350-2550

Now I can just imagine a svelt Alberg 30 tooling down the expressway while riding
a battleship gray TRIAD Trailer!

Scott Wallace

cbcurrier wrote:

> Am curious to know about the aspects of Trailering an Alberg 30.
> Have seen a bunch of stories including a web site with attention to trailering
> an Alberg.  But what about these days.  Aren't there a bubch of Canadians who
> venture south annually for some racing? Well, here are my more specific
> questions.
>
> In particular ...
>
> 1. Ramp Launching in annapolis? Is there a long and deep enough ramp?
>
> 2. Trailers available? Triton or others, new or used or custom?
>
> 3. Trailer cost?
>
> 4. Proper vehicle. Suburbans have been seen often towing albergs but by some
> trailer pros do not consider it an optimum vehicle.
>
> Thanks,
>
> C.B. Currier
> Infinity #57

 |     http://www.alberg30.org/store/Galison.html      |
 | Beautiful notecards of the sea, and other fine art. |