[Alberg30] No Subject

SandersM at aol.com SandersM at aol.com
Thu May 24 06:35:11 PDT 2001

In a message dated 5/24/01 9:18:20 AM, kriskate at worldnet.att.net writes:

<< Mr. & Mrs. Johns; Linc; Sanders McNew; , I used my powerboat in

Oyster Bay and lived in Hicksville 3 years ago. After my divorce

I moved to Brooklyn, closer to work and live with my girlfriend

Efrosini. I learned how to sail in Port Washington / Manhasset

Bay / Long Island Sound. I would like to meet you, see your boat

and share some salty stories...... >>

Chris, greetings.

You and I are a study in similarity and contrast.  I live in Manhattan but
keep WILD ELF in Oyster Bay, in part because it is a fine harbor, easily
reached on the LIRR, but also because it is by my ex-wife's house in
Bayville, and the boat provides a place for my daughter and I to hang out in
her mom's neighborhood.  You went from power to sail; I am in the process of
buying an old Chris Craft cabin cruiser.  It makes for a bigger place to hang
out with my daughter, among other reasons.

I expect to sell WILD ELF when the sale is complete.  She is a fine specimen:
Awgripped, all mechanical fittings/through-hulls replaced, repowered with a
diesel and rigged for single-handing.  I would sell her for whatever the
market bears (i.e., make me an offer).  If you or others have friends up here
who are envious of your A30 and would like to have one of their own, let me
know.

Sanders McNew
WILD ELF  # 297
Oyster Bay, New York

 |     http://www.alberg30.org/store/Galison.html      |
 | Beautiful notecards of the sea, and other fine art. |