[Alberg30] Atomic4 RPM's

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at min.net
Wed May 2 10:02:28 PDT 2001

I'd say so.  I usually (or did before the tachometer broke) around
1500 to 1600 rpm.  I'll push it higher if I'm really in a hurry or
pounding into a head sea, but mostly that just drives up the fuel
consumption.

Many people say that with a 13x7 prop on an Atomic 4, the Alberg
is really over-propped.  I say they're probably right in the
sense that the engine can't come close to its max horsepower,
but it seems to work OK anyway.  I've not heard of anyone who
made a change who was enormously impressed with the difference.

I'd rather sail at zero rpm, anyway.

 - George

  George Dinwiddie                             gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
  sailing.                                    http://www.Alberg30.org/

 |       Shop SailNet for your Spring outfitting needs.      |