[Alberg30] Water pump grease

Daniel Sternglass dans at stmktg.com
Sun May 6 11:39:52 PDT 2001

Greg,

You want to use silcone grease. I have a plastic screw-top can that I
use on the ruber impeller and grease cup in my Atomic 4. The brand is
"Star Brite" and it also claims to contain teflon. What you want is what
is sold as water pump grease. You must -only- use Silicone grease if the
pump has a rubber impeller.

A Yahoo search of "silicone grease" +"water pump" turns up many links,
one listed below. I could not find any references on the internet to the
Starbrite brand grease that I have, but alocal boatyard stocks it, so
you can probably get it somewhere. Be sure the grease says it's OK for
rubber...

http://www.seamar.com/lubrican.html

--Dan S.
dans at stmktg.com
 |       Shop SailNet for your Spring outfitting needs.      |