[Alberg30] stern tubes

Brian and Elaine Timmins timmins at optonline.net
Sun May 20 05:31:42 PDT 2001

Two years ago, I took mine apart and it was a "normal" set up using only one piece of hose. I've only owned the boat for six years so I don't know if someone had done this before. I find it hard to believe that Whitby would have set up the connection as you describe. On the other hand, I do know a brain dead person that did something similar to fit two mismatched hose barb fittings. I also can see the point to trying to move the packing nuts up toward the engine, although I believe the shortest hose is the best hose.
Regards,
Brian     Free Spirit    #497