[Alberg30] A4, stern tubes

R.C. Alley ralley at chesapeake.net
Mon May 21 17:02:42 PDT 2001

George:  The OD of the stuffing box flange is 1.5"  Since I have put the
stern tube back in--and I didn't measure it--I will guess that the OD is a
hair less that 1 and one eighth inches.  I solved my problem yesterday
(after consultation with Jim Sharkey at Zahnizers) by replacing the exhaust
hose with the proper thick wall hose, and buying a short length of
automobile radiator hose and duplicating the old rig--but with better
materials and 100% stainless clamps.  It was not the best answer, but it
was, to my mind, acceptable.  I will be keeping an eye on it.

Best,
RA