[Alberg30] Dockage in the Annapolis Area

John P Reber JohnReber at ChesapeakeIsle.org
Thu May 24 06:21:21 PDT 2001

I used Chris White out of Otter Creek Marina, located on the Bush River,
which is between Aberdeen Proving Ground and Edgewood Arsenal. He charged
me $500 to bring an Alberg from south of Annapolis to North East, MD and
block it in my driveway. Additionally I paid the marina to un step the mast
and to load the boat on the trailer. I had an interest in an Alberg located
at City Island, NY. He quoted me $1050 to bring her to my house and block her.

He has a web site and you can request an on-line quote:

         http://www.wuppa.com/ottercreekmarina/cgi-bin/index.asp

At 12:12 AM 5/24/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>After many years of sailing on the Great Lakes, Blue Jay, an Alberg 30,
>is moving to the Cheaspeake. I am looking for dockage in the Annapolis
>area and areas south and would appreciate any constructive
>suggestions/resources.
>
>I'm not able to take off the three weeks it would take to sail/motor
>down the Erie Canal/Hudson river. Any suggestions on having the boat
>trucked?
>
>Thanks,
>
>R. DeJarnette
>Blue Jay

John P Reber
"FAIR WIND,  #490"

 |     http://www.alberg30.org/store/Galison.html      |
 | Beautiful notecards of the sea, and other fine art. |